SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL
Easy Ways to Support Our School!
Kingfisher Academy is a non-profit organization. It is also founded on the principles of the small scale school movement. Therefore in order to keep tuition as low as possible while not growing too big, we are always looking for ways to generate funds from our community. Here are few ways you can help:
We are always open to new ideas too! Please let us know if you have any!
- Hot lunch: Kingfisher offers a hot, nutritious lunch to students once or twice a week for the low price of $4 per child. Buying your child a hot lunch means you don’t have to worry about packing a lunch, and your child may be exposed to wholesome foods that are new and different.
- Paper recycling: We have 2 dumpsters at the bottom of our stairs for any paper recycling that you can donate to the school. We are paid when the dumpster is full, so bring us your recycling. **Please do NOT include corrugated cardboard – it is not accepted.
- Referrals: We always appreciate referrals. Every referral earns you $10 off the next school bill and if they enroll you earn $25 off the next school bill.
- Flyers: Put up flyers for us on your bulletin board at the office or your favorite neighborhood establishment (wherever you feel is appropriate).
- Spirit Month: February is Spirit Month! Post a school sign in your yard to tell folks you support us. Ask Debbie for one if you don’t already have one.
- Magnets: Use a school magnet on your car. The more people see our name the better! Magnets are free for the taking in our lobby.
- Comments: Comment on Yelp or Great Schools about your experience with us!
- Community Newsletters: If you help with a newsletter, write a piece about us. Sometimes church or community newsletters might like to have some news about schools in their area.
SUPPLIES ALWAYS NEEDED
Boxes of tissues
Used party supplies (like streamers for art projects…)
We'd like to gratefully acknowledge our generous donors.
First Baptist Church of Tucker
Binders Art Supplies
Kroger contributed toward school supplies
Publix contributed toward our fire alarm system
Staples contributes office supplies
Working for Good
Easy and painless ways to contribute to our school throughout the year!
United Way: Consider asking your work United Way donation go to us ~ we are one of the organizations on their list.
Publix Partners in Education Program: Get a Publix Partner in education card from us. Each time you shop at Publix, show the card to the cashier before you are totaled out. A portion of your total is donated to our school! Please be sure to ask for a card from us! If you know of businesses that shop regularly at Publix ask if they’d carry our card too.
Kroger Community Rewards Program: Register your Kroger Plus card online at krogercommunityrewards.com and a percent of each purchase will go to our school. If you do not have a Kroger Plus card, go to the customer service desk at any Kroger. Don’t forget you must reconnect your card every July 31 for the new school year!